Ellagic Acid Side effects - Clinical Studies
The Holling ancer institure has used the Meeker Red
Our product is excusively manufactured from Meeker's red raspberry
More reserach is from:
College Medicine, University of IL NW University
of Medicine Dept. of Preventive Medicine, OH
Research on ellagic acid shows the following
1. May reduce the risk of esophageal conditions
by gathering in the epithelial-cells in the digestive system.
2. May reduce growth of malignat cells in the
3. Can cecreases peroxidation of lipids.
4. It is an effective free-radical hunter.
5. May reduce cancer- incidence and growth.
6. Can protects from radiation caused chromosome
7. May prevent cancer in the liver.
8. May prevent pulmonary cancer.
9. Protect the skin from cancer.
10. May prevent embryo-mutation and carcer
development in animal studies when given toxins.
11. Performs i a bio-active mode with quercetin
as a cancer scavenger.
Ellagic Acid - Mode of Action
Acid as chemical is not not present in plants. But,
polymers of Gallic-acid and hexahy-droxydipenoyl (HHDP) are
bonded to glucose groups to forms ellagitannins.
When 2 Gallic-acid groups are bonded side-by-side in
a -tannin molecule an HHDP group is completed. Ellagic Acid
is the outcome when the HHDP has cleaved from the -tannin
molecule and naturaly re-arrange structure.
only contain Ellagitannins not ellagic acid.
Meeker Red Raspberry yields the highest amount of ellagitannins
and is therefore is the top source of Ellagic Acid.
Different fruits like strawberries, walnuts and pomegranates
deliver very little amounts of Ellagitannins. The bioa-vailability
from these alternative sources is not confirmed at this time.
Ellagic acid is a hunter of cancerigenous chemicals, inactivating
them, impeding the capacity of other chemicals to trigger abnormal
mutations into pathogens Moreover, Ellagic Acid from meeker red
raspberries inhibits binding of carcer causing material to
DNA, reducing the extent of the condition in cultured cells
vulnerable to carcinogens.